Tava Cheese Burger,
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Tava-Cheese-Burger-Quick-Snack-42124r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: http://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tava Cheese Burger
Imagine a burger cooked in total desi style – well, that’s what the Tava Cheese Burger is. Buttered and tava cooked burger buns are stuffed with an awesomely masaledar mixture of sautéed veggies and cheese flavoured with an assortment of spice powders including chatpata garam masala and chaat masala. Having said that, we need speak no further about the tongue-tickling taste or absolutely exciting mouth-feel of this snack. The mild, buttery crispness of the buns and the succulence of the spicy stuffing all blend together beautifully in each bite, giving you an out-of-the-world experience. Serve it immediately to enjoy the buttery taste.
Have a go at other desi style burgers like Pav Bhaji Burger or Batata Vada Burger .
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
Makes 3 burgers.
3 burger buns
6 tsp butter for cooking
For the stuffing
1½ tbsp butter
2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
¼ cup finely chopped onions
¼ cup finely chopped tomatoes
¼ cup finely chopped capsicum
1 cup boiled potato cubes
¼ cup boiled chopped carrot
¼ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1½ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
½ tsp chaat masala
½ tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
½ cup grated processed cheese
For the stuffing
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the tomatoes and capsicum and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes, carrot, coriander, chilli powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while mashing it lightly using the back of a spoon.
4. Switch off the flame, add the cheese and mix well. Keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Divide the stuffing into 3 equal portions.
2. Slit a burger bun till 3/4th. Fill a portion of the stuffing in it evenly.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), put 2 tsp of butter on it and cook the burger till it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 2 more burgers.